Trump woos Indians in America; says India key strategic ally
Donald Trump praised the Indian community for having the highest rate of entrepreneurship and said that generations of Hindus and Indian-Americans have been a major reason behind development of the US. “Generations of Hindus and Indians in America have strengthened
Washington: In an attempt to attract the Indian-American voters the Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump, termed India as the key strategic ally and praised the fast track growth of the nation.
Trump promised that India and United States would become best friends and have a phenomenal future together if he be voted to power.
He was speaking at an event organised for the Kashmiri Pundits and Bangladeshi Hindu terrorist victims. It may be mentioned that this was the first time any US presidential candidate had attended an Indian-American event this election season
"India's is the world's largest democracy and is a natural ally of the US. Under a Trump administration, we are going to become even better friends, in fact I would take the term better out and we would be best friends," Trump said to a cheering crowd of Indian-Americans at a charity event organised by the Republican Hindu Coalition on Saturday.
Trump praises Indian PM Narendra Modi:
- The Republican nominee also praised Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said,"I look forward to working with Prime Minister Modi who has been very energetic in reforming the economy and bureaucracy. He is a Great man and I applaud him.”
- The work done by the Indian PM is commendable. The way he carried out a series of economic reforms and reformed the bureaucracy was required in the US too, said Trump. "Your great Prime Minister has been a pro-growth leader for India. He has simplified the tax code, cut the taxes and the economy is strong growing at 7 per cent year. Excellent. Our economy is practically not growing at all in the US. It's about zero,” the nominee stated.
What else he said:
- I am a big fan of Hindu and I am a big fan of India. If elected, the Indian and Hindu community would have a true friend at the White House, he stated.
- "I have two massive developments in India, very successful, wonderful, wonderful partners, very beautiful, I must say. I have great friends and great confidence in India. Incredible people and an incredible country. I was there 19 months ago and look forward to going there many many times," said Trump.
- Trump praises Indian-American entrepreneurs:
- Donald Trump praised the Indian community for having the highest rate of entrepreneurship and said that generations of Hindus and Indian-Americans have been a major reason behind development of the US. “Generations of Hindus and Indians in America have strengthened our country which has impressed me a lot,” he said.
You may also read: Half of Trump supporters are basket of ‘deplorables’, says Hillary
Trump to support India in fight against terrorism:
- Appreciating India’s defence forces and the major steps taken by them to counter terrorism, the Republican nominee urged the Hindus to support and vote for him in the upcoming general elections so that India and the US could work together to fight terrorism.
- “We will defeat radical Islamic terrorism. We will stand soldier to soldier in this fight. This is so important in the age of ISIS," Trump said.