Congratulations: Nasa's InSight spacecraft lands on Mars
NASA's InSight spacecraft finally made a successful landing on Mars. The spacecraft touched down Mars at 0254 hours after taking a long six-month, 300 million mile (480 million kilometers) journey
California: NASA's InSight spacecraft finally made a successful landing on Mars. The spacecraft touched down Mars at 0254 hours after taking a long six-month, 300 million mile (480 million kilometers) journey.
It was a seven journey from designing to launching to landing.
The $993 million spacecraft is designed to listen the tremors and quake and to unveil Mars inner mysteries.
InSight is being followed to Mars by two mini-spacecraft comprising NASA’s Mars Cube One (MarCO), the first deep-space mission for CubeSats, which attempt to relay data from InSight as it enters the planet’s atmosphere and lands.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said, "Today, we successfully landed on Mars for the eighth time in human history. InSight will study the interior of Mars and will teach us valuable science as we prepare to send astronauts to the Moon and later to Mars. This accomplishment represents the ingenuity of America and our international partners, and it serves as a testament to the dedication and perseverance of our team. The best of NASA is yet to come, and it is coming soon."
The NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory exploded into celebration as soon as the landing was confirmed. The touchdown was watched around the world and even broadcast live on the Nasdaq Stock Market tower in New York City's Times Square.
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava
- PM participates in round table with Japanese business leaders
- Delhi triple suicide case: Multiple notes talk of health and monetary issues
- Banda heads towards the fourth wave of coronavirus; WATCH
- Uttar Pradesh budget for 2022-23 will be introduced on May 26: Yogi
- Gyanvapi mosque case: Varanasi court completes hearing, reserves decision
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner