Bill Gates Foundation partners India in energy conservation
Varanasi: In a unique and innovative international initiative scripted by New Delhi, the Bill Gates foundation, United States, France and India had decided to join hands for producing cheap and sustainable renewable energy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on Monday.
The PM in his address at centenary convocation ceremony of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) said some pro-active steps were urgently required to conserve ecological system and decreasing Earth’s temperature by two degrees. " India is very much alive to the issue and continuously working in this direction," he said.
PM Modi said:
- French President Francois Hollande had given his consent on making its headquarters in India.
- Exploiting nature is a crime and milking nature is our right.
- We are taught to love nature since childhood and it is in our blood.
- Hollande visited India in January last.
- A decision to decrease the temperature of earth was taken in the COP-21 meeting held in France.
- The 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP 21) was held in Paris of France, from 30 November to 12 December 2015.