Belgium celebrates 150 years of Diplomatic relations with Japan
Brussles: A ‘Flower Carpet’ event was organised in Grand Place of Brussels in Belgium to commemorate 150 years of country’s Diplomatic relations with Japan.
The event took place on Friday which was witnessed by hundreds of volunteers, including students of Japanese schools , who arranged six lakh flowers for the occasion. The carpet mainly consisted of Begonias, a Belgian speciality.
- The ‘Flower Carpet’ event is staged at the world heritage site, Grand Palace of Belgium, every two years.
- The decoration in this year’s event features images of Japan made from crane, cherry blossoms, pine trees and colored carp.
What Brussels city officials said:
- Fujie Suzuki, the carpet designing incharge said that she was glad to see how well matched Belgian flowers and Japan’s natural beauty is displayed at world’s most beautiful square.
- The city officials have urged the tourists from around the world to visit and enjoy the beautiful city.
- “The number of tourists in Brussels has declined by about 40 percent from, last year, after the terror attacks in March last. We hope that this event will have a positive impact on tourism in the city,” stated city officials.
You may also read: NSG membership to India not tightly closed, says Chinese media