All 23 passengers boarding on missing Nepal aircraft found dead
Kathmandu: All 23 passengers aboard Nepal’s Tara Air Flight, that was reported missing earlier on Wednesday, are found dead.
“The air plane was found crashed in a Jungle at Kekarko Butta”, said Nepal’s Aviation Minister Ananda Pokhrel.
- The air plane was flying in poor visibility over mountains terrain when it lost touch with the air traffic controller.
- It was an 18-minute flight but lost radar contact in 10 minutes as it took off.
- There were no landing strips between the two airports.
- The aircraft left Pokhara Airport at 0745 hours, local time.
- The plane had taken off from Pokhara, a resort town 200 kilometres west of Kathmandu, and was heading north to Jomsom, the starting point to trek into mountainous areas.
- Victims included two foreigners, one each from Kuwait and China.
- Two children were also on board.