19-year old lady teacher burnt alive in Pakistan
Islamabad: A Pakistani lady teacher, Maria Sadaqat was burnt alive after being attacked by few men on Sunday.
• She was reportedly assaulted by few men after she refused to marry with school owner’s son.
• A per media reports, she died on Wednesday after being attacked near the town of Murree.
At the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Sadaqat’s uncle Abdul Basit told to a leading agency-
• Sadaqat was badly tortured and then burned alive.
• We brought her to hospital in Islamabad but she succumbed to her wounds today.
Hospital spokesperson Ayesha Ihsani said to a Pakistani daily-
• The poor woman was becoming better but then could not survive because most parts of her body had serious burn injuries.
Women and minorities are not safe in Pakistan and thus facing a tough time. Such issues have been raised by several NGOs but no any effect has been seen till date.