Yogi as BJP's CM candidate for UP polls, seeks minorities front
Gorakhpur: The Bharatiya Janata Party's minority front here on Monday released a poster depicting Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath as a 'warrior' and demanding the top leadership of the party to make him the chief ministerial candidate for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls 2017.
The poster, which has been launched to greet people of the district on occasion of New Year, also shows anxious faces of incumbent Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, BJP supremo Mayawati, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and AIMIM president Asaduddin Owaisi.
The Muslim community, led by Irfan Ahmed, former state executive member of the minorities front of the party, has threatened that if the party does not elevate Yogi as its CM candidate, they will boycott BJP and form a different party to support their leader.
The BJP minorities front members also reached at Nakko Shah Baba's tomb here to pray for Yogi Adityanath.
Calling the internal tussle in the Yadav clan as drama, Yogi Adityanath urged the media to not give attention to the self-scripted feud in the Samajwadi Party.
What else Adityanath said?
- The email leak of the US-based agency that manages Samajwadi Party's elections has exposed that the entire feud is conspired by SP leaders to present a clean image of CM Akhilesh Yadav in front of the people of the state.
- We have been claiming the same since long and people should be aware of it.
- The Samajwadi Party has set an example of mis-governance as during their tenure, the state observed over 450 riots, goondaism and corruption prevailed and development works are stalled since long.
- People will never trust the Samajwadi Party again.
What Adityanath said about Congress' attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech on New Year eve?
- Congress has become agenda less.
- Congress is no more a party that fought for the independence of the country.
- This is no more a party of Mahatma Gandhi, but is now ruled by Sonia and Rahul Gandhi.
- Today, Congress opposes all moves that the Centre take for the welfare of the poor and farmers.
See pictures of the minorities front demanding for Yogi Adityanath's elevation as CM candidate:
- India reports 12,751 new Covid cases and 42 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maha cabinet expansion: 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- No differences on portfolio allocation, says RJD as Nitish set to exit BJP alliance
- JioGames launches streaming platform "JioGamesWatch"
- NEET PG 2022: Counselling expected to begin from September 1, Supreme court refuses stay- Details here
- 'Deal Finalized' between Nitish Kumar-Tejashwi Yadav; BJP warns Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Monsoon Update: IMD predicts heavy showers in THESE states for next 4 days; check list
- UP politician Shrikant Tyagi, accused of abusing women, arrested in Meerut
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?