Soni Chaurasia breaks her own record, dances for 95 hours
Varanasi: Soni Chaurasia, the determined dancer from the temple city, Varanasi, has successfully broken her own previous record while dancing continuously for 95 hours and reached nearer to her Guinness Record target of 124 hours, on Friday.
Soni who began dancing on Monday, had been receiving nation-wide appreciation and not only local residents but also the political personalities reached the place to give her encouragement..
It is worth mentioning that the previous record of Soni was of 87.18 hours which she broke on Friday morning at 9:18 am while dancing for 95 hours.
- Soni, aged 30, is a Post Graduate in Sitar from the Banaras Hindu University.She had earlier performed Kathak continuously for 24 hours on roller coasters.
- The Guinness world record which Soni is trying to rewrite is of 123 hours 15 minutes. The previous record is held by Kalamandalam Hemalatha of Kerala.
- Even the Prime Minister’s Office is keeping an eye on the world record attempt of Kathak dancer Soni Chaurasia as it has sought details of her attempt from Soni’s coach Rajesh Dogra.
- Soni is expected to break the world record by April 9, if she continues like this.
- Doctors said that Soni's pulse rate and blood pressure was normal and could continue dancing without any problem.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi also wrote a letter of appreciation to her. Also, many political personalities including Bhartiya Janata Party leader Laxman Acharya, ministers from Aam Admi Party and other political workers went to the place where she is dancing to appreciate her efforts.