Former Queen of Bhutan performs rituals in Kushinagar
Kushinagar: The former Queen of Bhutan Dorji Wangmo Wangchuk along with her two sons performed rituals at the Mahaparinirvana Temple of Gautam Buddha in Kushinagar on Wednesday.
The rituals were performed in front of the idol of Lord Buddha. According to the officials, it was done for the well-being and development of India and Bhutan.
She also visited Ramabhar Stupa.
Dorji Wangmo later said,"The relation between the two countries are becoming stronger because of the efforts made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The two are like brothers."
The queen had reached Kushinagar from Bodh Gaya via road on Tuesday.
District officials were present on the occasion along with others.
- Covid live: Delhi makes face masks mandatory in public
- Sunil Bansal, Shah's man in UP, to steer BJP in Telangana
- CBI arrests TMC leader Anubrata Mondal in cattle smuggling case
- Nitish to face Bihar floor test on Aug 24; Cabinet expansion on August 16
- Liger's Coka 2.0 poster: Vijay Deverakonda & Ananya Panday gear up for the perfect upbeat track
- Y-Factor : Who designed the National Flag| EP- 336 || Yogesh Mishra | Indian National Flag ||
- Ten Sri Lankans missing from Commonwealth Games; here's the TRUTH
- 'Don't talk about superstitious things like 'black magic' to hide...': Rahul Gandhi schools Narendra Modi
- Gold Price Today: On Rakshabandhan Gold gets cheaper, check price in your city
- MS Dhoni set to be involved with CSK's South Africa T20 league team, franchise to be named THIS