Doctors strike continue in Banaras Hindu University hospital
Varanasi: The strike of doctors at the trauma centre of Banaras Hindu University (BHU) continued for the third day after a doctor was beaten up by the university students.
The injured doctor was admitted in the intensive care unit (ICU) of the trauma centre.
Allegations made by doctors:
- Students attacked Dr Sashank Shekhar on his private parts.
- Dr Shekhar has been admitted at the ICU of trauma centre.
- The incident happened on Wednesday.
- It happened when Dr Shekhar asked his patient about the ailment.
- The visitor of the patient then called her friends and assaulted the doctor.
Medical services paralyzed:
- Long scores of patients were at the hospital on Thursday.
- Patients were not aware about the strike of doctors.
- Patients are suffering due to the strike.
- Doctors are demanding to register an FIR against the student.