UP Polls 2022: First time in 30 years, Congress is fighting on all 403 seats, says Priyanka Gandhi
"We are raising issues that pertain to the public and issues that are actually hurting the public," said Priyanka Gandhi
The UP Assembly Polls 2022 is just days away, and the political parties are gearing up for the final battle. For the Congress party, this election has a special significance. While Congress hasn't been in power in UP for decades, this is the first time in 30 years that the party is contesting in all 403 seats.
Talking about it, Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, "We are fighting with all our might. It's the first time in 30 years that our party has fought on all 403 seats. We are raising issues that pertain to the public and issues that are actually hurting the public."
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Friday (February 4) also held a roadshow in Sahibabad, Ghaziabad. Sangeeta Tyagi, the wife of late Congress leader Rajiv Tyagi, who died in August 2020 following a cardiac arrest, is a Congress candidate from the area.
Meanwhile, on Thursday (February 3), Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, while in Bulandshahar, sought the support of the people for her party nominees in the coming assembly elections and stressed that elections should be fought on the issue of development and not caste or religion.
Priyanka Gandhi also met the family members of a woman who was shot dead in a village there. Her family alleged that she was also raped before being killed and they were forced to cremate her in a hurry. A Congress spokesperson in Lucknow said Priyanka Gandhi has assured the family of all possible help in their fight for justice.
On a door-to-door campaign in Sikandarabad, Anupshahr and Syana assembly segments of Bulandshahar district of western Uttar Pradesh, the Congress general secretary was greeted with loud cheers and slogans as she moved about on the streets with party leaders.
In Sikandarabad, she was greeted by young girls carrying placards with "ladki hoon, lad sakti hoon" written on them while flower petals were showered on her from the rooftops while some locals clicked pictures and shot videos on their mobile phones.
- Eknath Shinde will be chief minister of Maharashtra, announces Devendra Fadnavis
- CBSE Class 10th, 12th results of Term 2 to be declared on THIS date; check Official announcement here
- Covid live: India's active caseload crosses 1-L mark after 4 months
- Maha crisis: 'Speaker named by next govt will shape course of events'
- Rebel leader Shinde lands in Mumbai, to meet Fadnavis at his residence
- Tips for Long, Thick Hair: These Nutrients Are What You Need
- Here's Why You Should Not Ignore These Monsoon Illness Symptoms
- Rain relief for Delhi-NCR, temperature dips below 30 degrees; check IMD's monsoon prediction for your city here
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid 'Bam Bam Bhole' slogans, 2,750 pilgrims leave Nunwan base camp for the cave shrine
- Amid flu outbreak in south China, experts warn of dual risk from influenza and Covid: Report