'UP CM suffering from fever of renaming places': Asaduddin Owaisi slams Yogi Adityanath
"Media reports say 45-200 children died of viral fever in Firozabad in August-September. If you would question Baba (CM), he would say fever hit the district because of its name," the AIMIM chief said.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Saturday (December 25, 2021) slammed Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath over renaming places and a viral fever that claimed several lives in the state.
Addressing a public rally in Firozabad ahead of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls, Owaisi said that Yogi is suffering from the fever of renaming places.
"Media reports say 45-200 children died of viral fever in Firozabad in August-September. If you would question Baba (CM), he would say fever hit the district because of its name. He is suffering from the fever of renaming places," the Lok Sabha MP said.
The AIMIM Chief also mocked the Opposition over their defeat in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections despite of their alliance with Congress and regional parties (mahagathbandhan) and questioned, "Why they only won15 seats?"
He further reiterated his appeal to the state's 19 per cent Muslim population to vote and choose their own political leadership.
This is noteworthy that the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls are scheduled for early next year. Earlier in the 2017 Assembly elections, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had bagged 312 seats out of the 403-seat Uttar Pradesh Assembly while Samajwadi Party (SP) had won 47 seats, The Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) won 19 and Congress settled with only seven seats.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city