SP rebel Narad Rai officially joins Mayawati-led BSP
Lucknow: Close aide of Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav and senior party leader Narad Rai formally joined the Mayawati-led Bahujan Samaj Party here on Sunday.
The announcement was made by BSP National General Secretary Satish Chandra Mishra during a press conference at his home in Lucknow.
Narad, who had a meeting with the BSP chief Mayawati earlier in the day, will contest the election from Balliya Nagar constituency on BSP ticket.
What Narad Rai said?
- I am resigning from all posts of the Samajwadi Party.
- CM Akhilesh Yadav disrespected Neta Ji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) and me.
- Akhilesh had removed me from his cabinet twice.
- Even servants are not given the kind of treatment I got in the Samajwadi Party.
Narad Rai targets BJP:
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is once again pitching the Ram Mandir issue.
- Election Commission should ensure that such issues are allowed to discuss when the poll conduct is in place or not.