UP Minister to break the jinx attached with 6, Kalidas Marg!
Lucknow: Beating all superstitions, Uttar Pradesh Livestock, Minor Irrigation and Fishery Minister SP Singh Baghel chose the last day of Navratra to move in what considered to be the jinxed official bungalow at 6, Kalidas Marg to overcome the superstitious thoughts. He shifted to his new residence, next to Chief Minister's official residence 5, Kalidas Marg, with his family after performing the Grahpravesh rituals.
Waqar Ahmed Shah:
- He was allotted this house as a senior minister during Akhilesh Yadav regime.
- He fell critically ill and went in coma.
- He also resided there as the chairman of UP Film Development Corporation during the tenure of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- He was put behind bars in 2011 for cash for vote scam.
Babu Singh Kushwaha:
- Also known as right hand of Mayawati was sent to jail in connection with the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) scam.
Neera Yadav and Pradeep Shukla:
- The top bureaucrats also faced negativities while residing in that bungalow.
- Former UP Chief Secretary and Mission Director of NRHM in UP, Pradeep Shukla was sent to jail by CBI.
- Also the last occupant of the bungalow, was the chairman of the UP pollution control board in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
- Within a month, he was sacked from his position.