Shrikant Sharma promises 24-hour electricity to Mathura, Ayodhya, Kashi
Mathura: Newly appointed Uttar Pradesh Power Minister Shrikant Sharma on Saturday promised to provide 24-hour electricity to Varanasi, Ayodhya, Mathura and all the Shakti Peetha of the state.
The UP cabinet minister was addressing the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers in his home districts for the first time after swearing-in as the Power Minister in Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's cabinet.
"I promise to the people of Kashi, Ayodhya, Mathura and all the Shakti Peetha that they will get 24-hour electricity under the BJP government in the state," he said.
Addressing the BJP workers at the party office in Vikas Bazar here, the UP minister said, "I appeal the people to make video of the police officers who charge bribe. All the police stations should register the FIRs quickly and pay respect to everyone."
What else Shrikant Sharma said?
- The new UP government will repair all the broken roads of the state by June 15.
- Will opt a zero-tolerance policy against corruption in power department.
- Will take strict action against the officials who will be found charging bribe in the name of checking.
- I will ensure that officials execute their duties, like providing new connections and changing impaired transformers in time, before the deadline.
Shrikant Sharma also thanked the BJP workers in his constituency for showing enormous enthusiasm and hard work in elevating the party to power in the state.
Citing example of former Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party governments, under which police was forced to follow the instructions of their party workers in the region, the UP minister gave the message of the party leadership to the BJP workers there.
"I want to request the party workers not to wander around the police stations, but collect the information about how the government employees in their region behave with the common people. They are requested to convey this information to the government so that it would be able to take appropriate action," said Shrikant.
What else he said to the BJP workers?
- The party workers should keep themselves away from liaising.
- People have given us a chance to serve, and there is nothing to vanity about.
- It is only the behaviour of party which keeps the party in power.
- We have decided to roll out e-tender process to ensure transparency and keep the criminal contractors away from government contracts.