UP is backward as people here promote caste politics: Nitin Gadkari
Ballia: Stressing that the caste politics in Uttar Pradesh is the reason behind the backwardness of the state, Union minister for Surface Transport and Waterways Nitin Gadkari on Thursday urged people to vote for BJP only if they want development.
Nitin Gadkari was speaking to media during the inauguration of two four-lane and three other roads in Gorakhpur.
What else Gadkari said?
- People are responsible for the pathetic condition of Uttar Pradesh even after 70 years of Independence.
- Uttar Pradesh is a rich state but people here love the ‘politics of casteism’.
- Political parties exploit state people to swell vote banks.
- People should come out of it for the sake of development of the state.
Gadkari slammed Congress:
- Condition of farmers in the state is grim today and that is due to the faulty economic policies of Congress.
- Corruption in the past government is one more reason behind the farmers’ condition today.
Meanwhile, Centre has issued Rs 3,373 crore for the construction of roads in Purvanchal (Eastern UP). Gadkari also announced schemes worth over Rs. 2500 crore several districts including Mau, Ballia, Ghazipur, Deoria and Gorakhpur.