Muslims in Akhlaq’s village shun goat sacrifice on Eid-Ul-Zuha
Noida: Anguished by unfortunate mob lynching beef incident about a year ago in which 52-year-old Akhlaq was killed, the Muslim families of Bisara decided not to sacrifice goat on the occasion of Eid-Ul-Zuha this year.
They solemnised the festival by offering namaz and did away with the sacrifice which speaks of the state of mind of the local families who were witness to the incident of September 28, 2015 in Bisara village of Dadri tehsil in Gautambudh Nagar district.
The village, despite having seen worst of the times during the last one year, exercised utmost patience and as a result no police force was deployed for the constant monitoring of the area. Instead, just four to five police constables were placed across the village to ensure the smooth going of the festival.
The village people said that they want no controversy during the festival and hence mutually decided not to sacrifice this Bakrid.
What the Hindu families in Bisara village said?
- Both Hindus and Muslims are together celebrating the festival.
- We never asked the Muslim families to not perform their ritual of sacrificing goat.
- It was completely their call.
What is the incident?
- Akhlaq, a resident of Bisara village, was killed on September 28, 2015 after a mob went violent following reports that he had killed a cow and stored the flesh in his house.
- Akhlaq’s son Danish also became prey to the violent mob but he fortunately survived the attack.
- Police filed a case against 19 accused in this case
- One of the accused was given clean chit and rest were sent behind bar.
- Following the incident the village became a must-visit site
- Two tests were conducted. While one of them found the meat to be that of a cow, the other one denied it.
SEE MORE PHOTOS in SLIDE