Why not CBI probe in Jawaharbagh incident? HC asks UP Govt
Allahabad: Akhilesh Yadav government has come into trouble as Allahabad High Court, on Tuesday, has asked the state government that why Jawaharbagh incident should not be probed by CBI?
Court was hearing on a plea filed by BJP leader and Supreme Court lawyer Ashwini Upadhyay, demanding a CBI inquiry into the Jawahar Bagh violence in Mathura which claimed the lives of more than 20 persons, including a senior police official.
What was said in the plea?
- A bench of justices Vikramnath and RN Kakkad was hearing the plea
- Upadhay claimed that people from the state government were behind Jawaharbagh incident
- It is mentioned in the petition that mastermind of Jawaharbagh incident was given a park for two days to hold a protest in January 2014
- He and his men flaunted his clout openly and showed off the guns in public. But police remained silent due to political pressure
What happened inside the court?
- 27 people including a police offier died on June 2 in Mathura's Jawaharbagh incident. CBI should probe the matter
- Advocate Yogesh Agrawal said that SIT should probe the complete incident
- UP Chief Spokesperson questioned the plea as he said that it has been filed by a BJP member