Tanzil murder case: Muneer sent to five days custodial remand
Bijnore: The Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) court on Monday granted five days custody remand to Muneer in connection with the murder of national investigation agency (NIA) officer Tanzil Ahmad.
Accused Muneer was arrested by the Special Task Force on June 28 last from Noida.
- NIA Deputy Superintendent of Police, Tanzil Ahmad and his wife were shot on April 2 last in Sahaspur while he was returning from a relative’s wedding ceremony.
- Muneer has confessed that personal enmity was the reason behind the murder.
- A bounty of Rs 2 lakh was announced on Muneer.
- Ahmad was the core member in the investigating team and Muneer of Pathankot attack.
- Both NIA and UP police are jointly investigating the case.