Sangeet Som jibes at Mayawati over her 'Goddess' remark
Meerut: BJP MLA Sangeet Som took a jibe at the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Supremo Mayawati over her ‘Goddess’ statement which she made after the Dayashankar row. Sardhana MLA said that the former UP chief minister should stay on mountains.
Som was speaking during his party’s protest against BSP outside the office of District Magistrate for passing derogatory remarks on wife and daughter of sacked BJP leader Dayashankar Singh.
BJP workers engage in a scuffle with policemen
- BJP state unit staged a protest outside office of DM, Shivkumar Rana
- Former BJP state President Laxmikant Vajpayee said that party will not tolerate disrespect of women
- Police disallowed party workers to use MIC during the protest
- Few party workers entered into a brawl with the policemen
- BJP called the BSP’s protest as unconstitutional
- The use of obscene slogans during BSP’s rally was a ‘crime’
- Case must be lodged against Naseemuddin Sidiqui and other BSP leaders