Rail accident averted: Kathgodam express takes wrong track
Bareilly: A major rail accident was averted on Thursday when a Kathgodam express ran on a wrong track.
The Kathgodam express instead of going towards Kathgodam ran on the track going towards Balrampur and it came to the notice of loco-pilot when people started to shout.
- It happened at around 1000 hours at Bareilly junction.
- The Kathgodam express ran on Balrampur track.
- Train stopped when loco pilot heard the cries of passengers.
What PRO said:
- I do not have any information about this incident, said Public Relationship Officer (PRO) Rajendra Singh.
- Bareilly junction comes under the Moradabad rail division, he said.
- Strict action will be taken.