OMG: Hina Rabbani owns a house in UP, asked to pay house tax
Saharanpur: In an interesting case of forgery, two tax inspectors of the municipality department had fraudulently registered a house in the name of former Foreign Minister of Pakistan Hina Rabbani Khar. A tax amount of Rs 1.25 lakhs was also imposed on the property by the inspectors. The owner of the house complained the matter to the Municipal Commissioner which resulted in suspension of both the tax inspectors.
- Haji Abdul Raheem owns the house which is located at Chaudhary Vihar in Saharanpur.
- The house is rented to one Faizan.
- Tax inspectors, Alok Kumar and Yashpal, had illegally registered the property in the name of Hina Rabbani and Meher, which were both imaginary names, on Faizan’s demand.
- A municipal worker was also reported to be involved in the forgery.
- An elaborate report of the whole incident has been sent to the government by the department after suspension of the two officials.