Nine devotees killed in a road accident in Bulandshahr
Bulandshahr: Nine people were killed in a road accident in Sikandrabad area of Bulandhshahr district in Uttar Pradesh on Thursday, senior superintendent of police (SSP) Piyush Srivastava said.
The accident took place in the wee hours and more than 12 people were injured in the accident.
- Collision between a truck and SUV near Peer Bibyani village under Sikandrabad police station.
- The SUV fell into gorge after collision.
- Nine killed on the spot, more than 12 injured.
- Condition of five of them was stated to be critical and were referred to trauma centre.
- These were returning from the Kurli village after watching the HOLI fair.
A compensation of Rs 2 lakhs has been announced for the kins of deceased while Rs 50,000 for injured and Rs 25,000 each for the people with minor injury.
The solatium will be provided to them from the Chief Minister's relief fund.
Senior officials on the spot:
Senior officials like District Magistrate B Chandrakala and SSP Piyush Srivastava rushed to spot on getting the information of mishap.