Mob blocks Delhi-Yamunotri highway over facebook social post
Saharanpur: Agitated over an objectionable post on social media, members of minority community blocked the Delhi-Yamunotri highway demanding action against the guilty.
An enraged mob also created ruckus at Mirzapur police station of Saharanpur district in Uttar Pradesh in small hours on Saturday, said police.
- An objectionable ‘facebook’ post led to unrest in Mirzapur town.
- People of the specific community demanded the arrest of accused.
- The accused is absconding.
- Demanded to slap a case under National Security Act (NSA) against accused.
- Additional forces were deployed in the town in view of communal tension.
Politicians reached the spot:
- Samajwadi Party MLA Umar Ali Khan reached the spot and tried to calm down the situation.
- Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MLC Mahmud Ali also reached the spot later.