Dalit man alleges school management of abducting his daughter
Badayun: In a shocking incident, a Dalit man alleged that his daughter, a student of class 11, was abducted from her school, on Friday last, and forced into marriage after converting her religion.
Sohan Lal also alleged that the kidnapping was executed in collusion with the administration of G B Girls inter college, situated under Alapur police station in Kakrala locality of Badayun city of Uttar Pradesh, where his daughter was studying.
- Sohan Lal had alleged that his daughter used to complain of being lured into conversion by the principal and a lady teacher of the school.
- He has accused one Sajid Sabir of kidnapping and forcing his daughter into marriage.
- The victim is a minor as mentioned in her academic certificates.
- The father of the victim had also claimed that his daughter was seen wearing a veil at Sabir’s abode.
- He said that his daughter was not allowed to speak to him by Sabir.
- According to Sohan Lal, the police told him that Central Bureau of Criminal Investigation Department (CBCID) was investigating the matter when he took the matter to them.
- He also alleged that the police had registered the case in a diluted manner.
What the police said:
- The Superintendent of Police said that an investigation was under way and the victim would be recovered soon.
- “The allegation of forcible conversion can only be cleared by the victim”, said the SP.
- The police also said that it could be a case of elopement.