Jani announces to hoist Indian tricolour at Owaisi's house
Meerut: Amit Jani, the president of newly floated Uttar Pradesh Navnirman Sena, on Saturday, announced to hoist the Indian flag at All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) leader Asaduddin Owaisi’s residence in Meerut onMarch 23. The decision had been taken by Jani after Owaisi refused to chant ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’.
What Amit Jani said:
- Amit Jani said that chanting ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ is every citizen’s duty.
- All the other countries have lands but we (Indians) have a motherland.
- Martyr Ashfaqullah Khan dubbed the nation as ‘Mother-e-Watan’.
- Was not revolutionary Ashfaqullah Khan a Muslim who proudly used to accept that India was his mother?
- The plan is to wash Owaisi’s residence with ‘Gangajal’ and hoist a flag there on March 23.
- Amit Jani challenged Owaisi and other members of his party to stop him if they can.