UP to enter Guinness record by planting 5cr saplings on July 11
Lucknow: Gearing up for Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s ambitious 'Clean UP-Green UP' programme, the Uttar Pradesh government is all set to enter the Guinness Book of World Records by planting five crore saplings across the state on July 11.
As per the plan, the saplings will be planted at 6161 places across UP at the same time.
What are the preparations?
- Saplings have reached the respective places where they have to be planted
- Plantation across state will be captured in the camera and the photos will be uploaded over the official website of forest department
- Students from schools and colleges have volunteered to support the noble initiative
- NGOs have also offered support in the government’s plantation drive
What the government said?
- Acting Chief Secretary, Praveer Kumar said that green belt in UP has increased 261 square kilometres in the past four years
- The initiative would be executed on World Population Day on July 6
- Nearly 7 lakh saplings will be planted in Agra alone
- Representatives from Guinness World Records and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) will monitor the entire exercise.
It may be recalled that 6.23 lakh saplings were planted in six districts -- Agra, Mathura, Firozabad, Hathras, Kasganj and Aligarh in the year 2015.