UP CM to present last budget of 16th UP Vidhan Sabha on Feb 12
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav will present his last budget of 16th Vidhan Sabha on February 12 next .
Since the next assembly elections are due in early 2017, it would be the last full budget to be presented by Akhilesh, also the finance minister of the state. The decision to this effect was taken in all party meeting on Monday.
In a first of the history of UP vidhan sabha, the Akhilesh-led Samajwadi Party government would present its supplementary budget on Februray 11, a day before the general budget of the state. Generally, the supplementary demands are got passed after the full budget. Never it took place a day before the general budget.
- This vidhan sabh came into being in March 2012
- Next vidhan sabha to be formed before May 2017
- It is likely that the elections are already announced by this time next year.
- Akhilesh may not present next full budget.
- Even if the formation of next government is delayed, the government may only take another vote on accounts.