UP Chief Minister's dream project 1090 mired in controversies
Lucknow: The controversies with regards to Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadav's dream project '1090 Women Power Line(WPL)' do not seem to end as in another twist of tale, a girl victim Poonam(not her real name) alleged that the former in-charge of WPL Raghvendra Singh wanted to have sex with her.
The victim addressed a press conference , a day after Anita Singh ,the wife of disgraced police inspector Raghvendra Singh, gave clarification about her husband before the media. She said Raghvendra , instead of treating her as a victim started to flirt with her, commented on her whatsapp profile picture(dp) and indicated to have physical relations with her.
What Poonam clarified:
- I never initiated the chats in wee hours.
- Raghvendra responded in wee hours.
- He wanted to have sex with me.
- How could Raghvendra chat on Whatsapp from the CUG number.
- Azra Warsi , against whose boy friend Poonam had filed the complaint, was in a physical relationship with my uncle.
Though the victim called a press conference to refute the allegations made by Anita Singh, wife of Raghvendra Singh, but the entry of Azra, the girl in whose boutique the victim worked also raised many questions.
On a query, that how she got the information about this press conference by the victim, she was found unanswerable.
Anita, on Wednesday last alleged that there had been a conspiracy to malign the image of UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s dream project 1090 WPL and Inspector General(IG) Navniet Sikera.
She even presented the pictures of Whatsapp chats of the victim with her husband.
About the incident:
- Raghvendra was removed from the post of WPL in-charge on January 14.
- He was found guilty of not following standard procedure.
- He was accused of harassing the girl.
- He was shifted to his parent department, Radio Head quarter of UP Police.
- Lucknow University’s proctor Nishi Pandey helped the girl in getting her complaint registered.
- Probe in this case is under way.