SP united or divided, next three days will decide
It is a war of attrition within the ruling Samajwadi Party. It is between uncle and nephew. It is between the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and State SP President Shivpal Singh Yadav.
Lucknow: It is a war of attrition within the ruling Samajwadi Party. It is between uncle and nephew. It is between the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and State SP President Shivpal Singh Yadav.
It will be a show of strength more than anything else as Akhilesh Yadav embarks on his ambitious Rath Yatra on Thursday November 3 while party is celebrating its foundation day on Saturday November 5. Defying all efforts of SP Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav to unite the party, two parallel programmes are slated to be held in the same party and two separate arrangement mechanisms are in place.
The ongoing war within the ruling Yadav clan in Uttar Pradesh is going to take a decisive turn when Akhilesh sets out with his Rath Yatra without the presence of party President Shivpal or even Mulayam. It was few days ago when Akhilesh had announced to take out his already delayed Yatra on November 3 ,two days before the party is slated to celebrate mega event of silver jubilee of the party.
According to party insiders, while the supporters of Shivpal will not support Akhilesh's Yatra , the Akhilesh loyalist will give November 5 programme a miss. After a public spat, probably these will be the occasions to prove individual supremacy of Akhilesh and Shivpal in the party.
- Akhilesh will take out his Yatra in a high tech bus from Lucknow to Unnao covering about 70 kilometres.
- The party's November 5 programme is taking place in Janeshwar park of Lucknow.
- Who manages more supporters will be the bigger leader, is assumed.
- Akhilesh and Shivpal are leaving no stone unturned to make their respected program successful.
- The party's silver jubilee function on November 5 will have automatic support of Mulayam Singh Yadav and other seniors.
- Akhilesh is out to prove that he is number one leader of the Party ahead of Uttar Pradesh assembly poll.
- The success of Akhilesh Rath Yatra is bound to make him stronger politically.