Six years of ugly pain... Story of a UP woman...!!!
Lucknow: A survivor of acid attacks for four times, she was gang-raped and threatened to kill but the strong girl did not give up. Little did she realise of Thursday night last that it was going to be the darkest night os her life.
After many such heinous attacks, she was trying to live her life with full happiness but destiny played the worst role for her.
Gudia (name changed), on Thursday last, was returning to the so called nawabi city from her Village, Rae Bareli, by Ganga-Gomti Express. Before she could understand anything, few miscreants entered her compartment and forced her to drink corrosive liquid (acid).
She was found on railway station, in an unconscious state, by GRP constable who immediately took her to the King George Medical College (KGMC).
It may be mentioned here that in January last, she had received a threat letter at her cafe. The activists many times approached senior police officials to provide proper security to the victim but unfortunately our police once again failed to discharge their duty and she continued to live an unsecured life.
What Prof Haider Abbas, faculty in-charge, Trauma centre said?
There is evidence of a corrosive liquid in her throat. Investigations are on and her condition is stable.
What Ashish Shukla, campaigner of Stop Acid Attacks said?
- This is a case of extreme neglect where both the police and the state have failed to protect a woman. The police was asked several times to provide adequate security but they did not gave a damn.
- Gudia was getting continuous threat from crime perpetrators all these years but none of them have been convicted as a result they (accused) continued to harass her.
- Today, if she is fighting between life and death the somewhere this was the fault of our police officers who handled the case so ignorantly.
- The attacks generally took place around the time when Gudia was to go to court to record her statement. The SC/ST commission had also directed Rae Bareli administration for security that time, but nothing has ever been provided to the homeless woman.
It is being alleged that the girl had to suffer all this because of a property dispute.
- 45-year-old is a mother of two.
- She works at Lucknow's Sheroes Hangout Cafe.
- She was gang-raped in 2008.
- First acid attack took place in 2011 followed by serious attacks again in 2011, twice in 2012 and once again in 2013.
Now the question arises....where are our police...? Is the formation of Anti-Romeo-Squad...Dial 100...1090 is enough to provide the security to women.
Once a bubbly, cheerful girl is now spending her life as a living dead, "Thanks to the so called powerful people of this patriarchial society."