Singhal made CS despite serious allegations: Nutan Thakur
Lucknow: Social activist Nutan Thakur, on Friday, has sought an enquiry over the complaint filed against newly appointed Uttar Pradesh Chief Secretary Deepak Singhal, in which she had mentioned about three taped phone conversations between SP leader Amar Singh and Singhal.
RTI activist expressed her displeasure over Deepak Singhal’s elevation as chief secretary as she said that government overlooked her complaint. She has now penned a letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and demanded immediate enquiry in the matter.
What is in the taped conversations?
- Nutan had sent a complaint to the concern authorities on June 13, 2014
- She had mentioned about three taped conversations between Amar Singh and Deepak Singhal
- In one of the conversations, both can be heard talking about a Sugar deal, changes to be made in SEZ tender document, its policy and land allotment system
- Another conversation had discussions regarding some Gas deal, stake made by IAS Sanjeev Sharan in Noida and Greater Noida
- The third tape included Singh asking Singhal to provide Rs. 96.5 lakhs to one Devendar Kumar of RDA
Nutan was asked to file affidavit
- Deputy Secretary, Personnel A K Singh asked Nutan through a letter dated November 13, 2014 to file an affidavit to confirm her claims
- Thakur submitted the document on February 26, 2015
- No probe has been initiated in the matter till date despite serious allegations have been levelled against the two