Shivpal Yadav to resign, says impossible to work with Akhilesh
Lucknow: The rift within the Samajwadi Party turned wider when Cabinet Minister Shivpal Yadav on Tuesday threatened to resign from the party. He reportedly told party President Mulayam Singh Yadav that it is not possible to work with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav now.
“I will continue to work for Samajwadi Party,” said Shivpal.
- On Tuesday, Shivpal was appointed as the Samajwadi Party State President by Mulayam replacing Akhilesh Yadav.
- After this Akhilesh, in an unexpected manner, stripped his uncle Shivpal of important portfolios of PWD and irrigation and handed him less important portfolios.
- Akhilesh’s move left Shivpal fuming and if sources are to be believed then all preparations regarding latter’s resignation have been done.
- Shivpal, who is currently in Etawah, is likely to resign on Wednesday after meeting Akhilesh Yadav.
- The party President Mulayam Singh Yadav has convened legislature party meeting tomorrow.
- Some sources claimed that Mulayam may be elected legislature party leader.
- Sources further say that Mulayam may take over as the Chief Minister tomorrow.
The chain of event started with the sacking of mining minister Gayatri Prajapati, on Monday, followed by the statement of Mulayam Singh that he was not consulted by the CM for the decision.
In another related development, CM Akhilesh, on Tuesday, removed Deepak Singhal and posted Rahul Bhatnagar as the new Chief Secretary. Prajapati and Singhal are said to be close to Mulayam and the decision of Akhilesh has reportedly not gone well with the party Supremo.
Immediately after getting the news of Shivpal being divested of the important charges his supporters gathered at his residence raising slogans against Akhilesh.