Shiv Sena burns effigy of Asaduddin Owaisi in Lucknow
Lucknow: Members of Shiv Sena on Tuesday burnt the effigy of All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) president Asaduddin Owaisi in protest against his anti-national statements.
Shiv Sena was annoyed over Owaisi’s statement in which he said that, he will not say ‘Bharat mata ki jai’ to prove his patriotism.
- People who made our constitution would have thought that a time will come when people will neglect their country.
- He should leave this country if he does not want to speak so.
- His statement is highly deplorable.
Prachi also reacted on the statement:
- The right wing Hindu leader Sadhvi Prachi said that making such statement is a conspiracy to break the unity of country.
- Hindu Maha Sabha’s women wing president Kiran Tiwari also condemned the statement.
- Asaduddin Owaisi, on March 13 last, said that it is not written in our constitution to say ‘Bharat mata ki jai’, while in his address in Latur of Maharashtra.