RSS Chief in Lucknow: to coordinate issues ahead of assembly polls
Though officially described as the routine visit of RSS Chief, the timing of Bhagwat's stay in the state capital is being considered significant in view of coming assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh. According to RSS sources, Bhagwat will primarily review the performance of RSS and its affliated bodies
- According to RSS sources, Bhagwat will primarily review the performance of the sangh and its affliated bodies.
- The assessment of Bharatiya Janata Party's preparedness for UP assembly elections will also be one of major discussion points.
- Some say that that the selection of candidates may also figure in his discussion.
- The names of the candidates were to be announced by July but could not be decided.
- He is likely to put forward his view point in election-related social issues.
- Bhagwat may also try to assess the level of discontentment among the BJP rank and file over recent joining of leaders from other parties.
- The projection of Chief Ministerial candidate in UP is likely to be another discussion point during his stay.
Earlier, a review of the performance of pracharaks was done during which he stressed the need of expansion of RSS Shakhas and urged for more and more involvement of sangh workers during flood relief and other such endeavours.
You may also read: I firmly stand by my words, says Rahul over tiff with RSS