Protesters block the road in Noida against BMW hit and run case
Noida: Enraged over the death of Gulfam, an air condition mechanic in the BMW hit and run case, the protesters on Sunday demonstrated with the dead body at Chauda Mod in Noida district of Uttar Pradesh.
The blockade, however, was cleared with the intervention of police but it resulted in traffic jam at the DND, police said.
- Irked mob blocked the road when Ghulfam’s body reached Noida.
- Several buses and even an ambulance were struck in the traffic jam.
- They demanded an ex-gratia for the death of Gulfam.
Four taken into custody:
- The police have taken four people in custody but the main accuses was still at large, said circle officer.
- Police was going through the CCTV footage to arrest the accused.
- A speeding BMW car on Saturday noon crushed four people.
- The car driver fled from the scene waving pistol.
- Injured were rushed to the hospital.
- One Gulfam succumbed to his injuries.
- Eye witnesses have it that the car driver was chasing another car.