PM Modi inaugurates AKTU campus in Lucknow
He will reach the CM residence before leaving for Raj Bhawan for the night stay. All former CMs including Mulayam Singh Yadav, Akhilesh Yadav and Maywati along with 58 other dignitaries have been invited for the dinner to be hosted by the
Lucknow: Stressing that science must be global and technology must be local, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a two-day visit to the state capital, inaugurated the CDRI and APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) buildings on Tuesday.
PM Modi dedicated to the nation 400 kv transmission line between Lucknow and Kanpur. He gave sanction letters of houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna to 20 beneficiaries.
He also dedicated special IAF chopper to the Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI).
PM Modi was welcomed by the Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath along with senior BJP leader Lalji Tandon at the Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport.
UP Governor Ram Naik, Deputy Chief Ministers Keshav Prasad Maurya, Dinesh Sharma and UP CM Yogi Adityanath along with several other BJP leaders joined PM Modi at the new AKTU campus.
After having dinner, hosted by the UP CM Yogi Adityanath at his residence at 5 Kalidas Marg, PM Modi left for Raj Bhawan for the night stay. Former UP CM Mulayam Singh Yadav also attended the dinner.
All former CMs including Mulayam Singh Yadav, Akhilesh Yadav and Mayawati along with 58 other dignitaries were invited for the dinner
What PM Modi said?
- I am happy to be here, in Uttar Pradesh, where various development works are being inaugurated
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath working for the development of the state.
- India is seeing the development in UP.
- Science must be global and technology must be local.
- When we talk about science, technology and innovation, it is natural to think about Dr. Kalam.
- Important for the youth of India to be connected with latest technology.
- It is important for the youths to stay connect more and more with the technology.
- Government has taken various steps for the reforms.
- Start Up India, Skill India and Mudra scheme are few of the government's initiatives in this regards.
- Make in India is an opportunity for youth.
- With the help of technology, we can beat any disease.
- Can we think about making strides in indigenous defence manufacturing.
- We are moving forward with the dream of how to make India self-dependent in the field of defence and security.
- Our youth can think about start ups and innovation in the health sector, particularly in healthcare equipment.
- Power and energy matter immensely in the development journey of a nation. Today, solar energy is gaining popularity in India.
- There was a VIP culture in the distribution of electricity in Uttar Pradesh. I am happy that Yogi Adityanath government put a full stop on it.
- I congratulate UP government for ensuring power supply in all districts without any discrimination.
- I am thankful to all parties for giving their nod for the implementation of GST.
- GST to roll out from July 1 and it is historic.
- India will set example for the world after the successful implementation of GST.
In a bid to avert the PM’s security breach on the lines of what was witnessed few days ago with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, the UP police, as a precautionary measure, had detained two senior Samajwadi Party youth wing leaders.
Tight Security during PM’s visit:
– Over 12,000 security personnel have been deployed.
– CM Adityanath and Governor Ram Naik inspected the security arrangements ahead of PM’s visit.
– An elaborate security cover will be in place with commandos and para-military forces keeping a close vigil in and around the venue.
– Over 400 CCTV cameras have been installed at the Ramabai ground.