PM Modi’s emotional outburst was a political stunt: Mayawati
Lucknow: Launching a scathing attack on Central Government, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Chief Mayawati on Thursday said, Prime Minister Narendra Modi getting emotional on the death of dalit student Rohith Vemula will be considered just as a political stunt if actions are not taken against the accused.
“On one hand Modi talks about the work done by Babasaheb Bheemrao Ambedkar but on the other hand atrocities on dalits have increased and dalit students are being insulted in the country”, said Mayawati while addressing a press conference here.
What Mayawati said:
- PM emotional drama on Rohith Vemula's suicide was political stunt.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan pursuing anti-dalit policies
- BJP government suffers from RSS mindset.
- Centre did not initiate any action against Union Minister V K Singh for his remarks.
- Condemning Shani Signapur, women must be allowed in all temples.
- Demanded Bharat Ratna for BSP founder Kanshiram.