Officer wife charged with murder of her husband in UP town
Shahjahanpur: In a high-profile murder case, the District Social Welfare Officer Archana Sonkar is absconding after a FIR was registered against her for murder of her husband, also a senior UP government official Ranjit Sonkar in this district of Uttar Pradesh.
The District Viklaang Kalyan Officer Ranjit Sonkar was found dead under mysterious circumstances at his residence on April 21 last. His brother rajesh Sonkar had filed a FIR against Archana Sonkar and her two brothers Atul and Anuraag, maid Kanchan and her brother for poisioning his brother.
Highlights of the case:
- The senior state official Ranjit Sonkar was found dead on April 21
- He was not in the best of relations with his wife Archana Sonkar, also a senior officer.
- Two days before his death, Ranjit had complained to the DM that he had life threat from his wife and her brothers.
- Deceased's brother alleged that Archana lacked feminine characteristics and ranjit wanted a medical examination on this ground.
- She had started living alone one week after her marriage with Ranjit.
- The case under sections 302 and 228 of Indian Penal Code was registered against her , her brothers and maid.
- She is absconding since then