Now adopt animals in UP, government issues new guidelines
LUCKNOW- Now animals can also be adopted in Uttar Pradesh. The Akhilesh government has issued new guidelines for adoption of animals.Under the new guidelines, the person adopting animals will have to give an affidavit to ensure that he/she will take care of the adopted animal.
The new guidelines, issued by the Principal Secretary, Animal Husbandry, Rajneesh Gupta, says that if the animal falls sick then be taken to veterinary clinic where he will be treated by Veterinary officer. Not only this if the animal dies because of old age, accident or any disease then autopsy has to be performed and the report be submitted to the authorities. All these provisions have been included into the new guidelines to prevent cruelty towards animals.
Adult animals are not allowed to walk more than 30 kilometres:
- The new guidelines ensures extra care for adult and old animals.
- Under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act, adult animals are not allowed to walk more than 30 kilometres a day.
Animals cannot be sold to unknown persons:
- The person adopting animals will have to go on oath on an affidavit that the animal will not be sold to any unknown.
- If he is adopting the animal then he has to keep all the official paper safely.
- To adopt animal the person should give his ID card
- If the person was involved in any slaughter case or animals business in the past then he will not be allowed to adopt animal.
- Any person found involved in smuggling of animals will be kept out of adoption process