Wife of dacoit Nirbhay Gujjar demands release from jail
Lucknow: Phoolan Devi, a draeded woman dacoit of her times, without any doubt, was a victim of the most adverse circumstances. Spent many years in jail . Came out to become member of parliament but does everyone has the same destiny. Neelam Gupta, wife of another Chambal dacoit Nirbhay Gujjar, has many such questions before her.
- She has sent a letter to the minister asking for her release.
- Already spent 11 years in jail with no fault of hers.
- In fact, gave vital information to the police about dacoits in ravines.
- Was kidnapped by a person in 2003 and was sold to Nirbhay Gujjar.
- Instead of helping her, police sent her to jail.
- Not only she but her mother is also in jail.
- She is 70 and ailing.
- her mother is absolutely innocent.
- Phoolan Devi was released from jail in 1994.
- She was given ticket by the Samajwadi Party in 1996 and she became MP from Mirzapur. # If International Women's Day could bring good news
- She hopes the International Women's Day on March 8 could change her fortunes.
- Yearning to turn a new chapter in her life.
- " What for, i am languishing in jail since last 11 years,she asks.