Lucknow University to go 'Nawabi' in its convocation
Lucknow. The University of Lucknow, accepting the suggestion of Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik to sport traditional dresses instead of ‘European graduate gown culture’ dress in the convocation ceremonies, has issued a dress code to all the participants for its upcoming 58th Convocation Ceremony.
This year the awardees have been given a dress code which will represent Nawabi culture, LU sources said.
As per the code,Male awardees will don a maroon Kurta with cream choodidar pyjama while the female awardees will wear either maroon colour saree with golden border or maroon suit with cream coloured salwar. The students have also been recommended to wear maroon coloured sweaters to defy the cold.
Dress code for guests also:
- The chief guest of the convocation ceremony will wear light orange coloured gown with golden embroidery.
- Chancellor of the university will don a cream coloured robe with golden and maroon embroidery.
- Vice-chancellor and Pro Vice-chancellor of the university will wear golden coloured gown with maroon colour embroidery.
- Honorary degree receiver will don navy blue coloured gowns with golden and maroon embroidery.
- Registrar will attire green coloured gown with golden embroidery.
It may be recalled that Governor Ram Naik faced flak from different student organizations including National Students Union of India (NSUI) , the student wing of Congress, for suggesting the dress code with an Indian essence.