Lucknow SSP violates traffic rules during 'secret operation'
Lucknow: Amid the rising cases of eve-teasing in the Uttar Pradesh capital, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manzil Saini took to ‘Marine Drive’ for a reality check. Saini turned a pillion rider on a scooty in plain clothes but in spite of garnering praises, she welcomed criticism for violating the traffic rules in public for not wearing a helmet.
The first woman SSP of Lucknow was trolled on the social media platforms after photos of her went viral on the internet.
Saini drove through Lucknow’s Marine Drive area:
- A Non Profit Organisation (NGO) raised its concern about mounting cases of eve-teasing in the city
- Saini planned a surprise reality check
- She said that police is receiving regular complaints about young boys, who under the influence of alcohol, get involved in eve-teasing
Lucknow SSP breaches traffic laws:
- She turned a pillion rider with the owner of the NGO
- Saini was in plain clothes while she drove through the city roads
- Neither the driver, nor Saini herself wore helmet during the secret operation
SSP accepts mistake:
- Manzil Saini’s ‘with-no-helmet’ photos stormed the internet
- She faced criticism for giving a wrong message to youths
- Manzil said that she will take care to not repeat her mistake in future
- Earlier, the plan was to walk through the road but the plan changed at the last moment