Lucknow police claims vital clues in sensational rape case
Lucknow: Lucknow police on Wednesday claimed to have achieved some vital clues with the arrest of two persons in the sensational case of rape and brutal murder of a class 12th girl Pooja whose body was found in the thickest on Monday, mere few meters from chief minister's residence in the state capital.
Two rickshaw pullers who were taken into custody on Monday, had formally been arrested , the Inspector General of Police (Zone), Lucknow A Satish Ganesh said this afternoon. They had been charged of concealing and destroying the evidences in the case.
Police would seek permission for Brain Mapping and Polygraphy test when they are produced in the court tomorrow, he added.
- Pooja (not real name) stepped out of her home to attend the science practical at around 0800 hours on Feburay 10 last.
- She did not reach her school.
- She went missing for five days and her body was found on Monday.
- An FIR was lodged at the Jankipuram police station.
- Her mobile was put on surveillance.
- Her first location was traced on park road.
- The mobile was found on February 11 from the house of rickshaw puller Surendra in Barabanki.
- Surendra told the police that he saw body in the jungle when he went there to answer nature’s call.