Proud Start: Two women to pilot the Lucknow Metro trial run
Lucknow: The first Lucknow Metro trial run directly on the corridors is not the only historic move to be scribed on the books as Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) took another proud decision of pitching two women drivers to pilot the train.
The decision of giving the opportunity to women - Prachi and Pratibha, was taken late on Wednesday night, hence giving another moment of pride to Akhilesh Yadav government to flaunt the feat.
What LMRC MD Kumar Keshav said?
- Our women train operators are confident and excited.
- They underwent training, both at the Centre of Excellence of LMRC and DMRC.
- It was the wish of Prachi and Pratibha to lead the trial run of Metro train.
- Pratibha holds a B.Tech degree and both the women have been specially trained to operate Metro.
- The Lucknow Metro has recruited 97 drivers out of which 21 were women.
You may also read: Lucknowites to get Metro smart card from January 1
Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Samajwadi Party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav will launch the trial of the Metro train from Transport Nagar depot at 11.00 am on Thursday.
No other city till date in India have opted for trials directly on the corridor, rather than on a test track.