UP Government suspends IPS officer Himanshu Kumar on indiscipline charges
Lucknow: In the first big action, Uttar Pradesh government, on Saturday, suspended 2010-batch Indian Police Officer (IPS) Himanshu Kumar on charges of indiscipline. His suspension was recommended by the Directorate General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmed and was approved by UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
According to the officials, "Kumar has been suspended because of his indiscipline behavior and would remain suspended until the investigation in this regard is completed."
It could be recalled that the IPS officer had recently stated that there has been an onset of discrimination in the state policing system after the Yogi Adityanath Government took the reigns of Uttar Pradesh.
He had also alleged that the DGP office was pressuring for action against the members of one particular caste. Attacking DGP Javed Ahmed he had posted a tweet that read, "Why is DGP office forcing officers to punish people in the name of caste?"
In an another tweet, he had posted, "Security officials are under immense pressure from the new administration to suspend and send to reserve lines all security staff having ‘Yadav’ surname." The tweet posted by him, however, was removed later.
About Himanshu Kumar:
- He is a 2010 batch IPS officer.
- He served as a Superintendent of police in six districts namely Maharajganj, Shravasti, Hapur, Kasganj, Firozabad and Manipur.
- Recently, he was transferred to DGP HQ in Lucknow by the Election Commission.
IN NEXT SLIDE 2: THE RECENT TWEET POSTED AFTER HIS SUSPENSION:
IN SLIDE 3,4,5: THE SCREENSHOTS OF THE TWEETS THAT HIMANSHU KUMAR POSTED EARLIER...
Truth alone triumphs.
— Himanshu Kumar IPS (@Himanshu_IPS) 25 March 2017
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city