Has UP DGP Sulkhan Singh offended the IAS bureaucracy too much???
Lucknow: The genesis of recent love-lost between IAS and IPS bureaucracy in Uttar Pradesh is traced back to rather 'high-handed' behaviour of Director General of Police Sulkhan Singh, if cross section of senior officers is to be believed.
The bureaucratic circles are rife with the stories of how the UP DGP bypassed Chief Secretary or even Principal Secretary (home) on several occasions just to assert his proximity with Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, the sources pointed out. ''On many occasions, the DGP offended corresponding bureaucracy which ended up into ugly spat between two premier services in the state,'' a senior member of IAS association told www.newstrack.com on the condition of anonymity.
The CM Yogi's soft corner for Sulkhan Singh has been well known and this is because he was given three-month extension in the service from October 1, 2017. The speculations are doing rounds that he might be given another extension before given some other important assignment by the present government led by Yogi.
The sources in the secretariat said that Chief Secretary's order about law and order meetings should be headed by District Magistrates was also result of this. The order fomented the trouble between IAS and IPS fraternities so much so that they entered into a Twitter war few days ago.
A senior police officer went to the extent stating that the whole scenario would act adversely in formalising the proposal for police commissioner system at few cities of the state simply because of the apathy of IAS bureaucracy. Meanwhile, all eyes are focussed on the developments in the days to come if the present DGP gets another extension though majority of officers are not mooting the idea.
In September also, the request for his extension was sent to the Centre at the last moment. The term of DGP Sulkhan Singh is coming to an end on December 31.
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city