Girl shot dead for standing against eve-teasers in UP
Sitapur: In a shocking incident, a girl was shot dead after she stood against some eve-teasers at Sadar locality of Sitapur city in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday. The victim's sister, who was accompanying her, also suffered injuries in the incident while the miscreants fled away from the crime scene.
The victim's sister alleged that she and her sister were consistently eve-teased by two men and that no action was taken by the police despite repeated complaints. The victim’s body has been sent for post-mortem and a probe has been initiated.
- Seema (name changed), a resident of Sadar locality of Sitapur city, was returning home from work, along with her sister.
- They were stopped in the midway by two drunken miscreants, Kuldeep and Sadhu.
- The hooligans allegedly grabbed seema’s dupatta.
- Both the girls called for help but nobody came up to defend them.
- While protesting against the miscreants, Kuldeep shot Seema at point blank range on her head and managed to flee away with his accomplice.
- Seema was rushed to the hospital but declared dead.
- Police have arrested both the suspects.