CBI gets five days remand of tainted engineer Yadav Singh
Lucknow: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has got remand of tainted engineer Yadav Singh for five more days.
Yadav Singh, an accused of multi-crore scam in Noida, was produced in the special CBI court on Wednesday and was further remanded to CBI custody for five days.
The next hearing in this case has now been fixed for February 15 next.
Points of investigation:
- CBI will try to know about political connection of Singh.
- Singh, till now has not disclosed the name of any political leader he was closed to.
- Has been interrogated for more than 70 hours.
- It is widely speculated that his interrogation will reveal names of many bigwigs giving him the patronage.
- The next date of hearing has been fixed for February 15.
About the case:
- Tainted former Chief Engineer of Noida Development Authority Yadav Singh was arrested by the (CBI) on Wednesday last over corruption charges.
- Singh was earlier summoned by the CBI for questioning in adisproportionate asset case.
- He is considered close to ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) government of Uttar Pradesh and was facing serious corruption charges.
- Cases under section 409, 420, 466, 467, 469, 481 and under Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against Yadav.
The investigation agency had registered a case against Singh on allegations of criminal conspiracy, cheating, forgery and provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act against him.
Singh’s professional graph:
• Joined Noida Authority as junior engineer in 1980.
• Promoted to the post of assistant project engineer in 1985.
• Superseded 20 assistant project engineers.
• Did not had a formal engineering degree then.
• Elevated to the post of Project engineer in 1995.
• Appointed as Chief project engineer in 2002.
• The post was equivalent to chief engineer level-II.
• Was appointed as engineer-in-chief of Noida in 2007.
Scams and allegations:
• Said to have doled out contracts worth over Rs 10,000 crores to his cronies.
• Has been booked under a disproportionate assets case.
• Has also been booked for embezzlement of money.
• Has been facing serious corruption charges.
Income Tax raid:
The income tax raid on his properties on November 27,2014 revealed many things
IT department recovered Rs 10 crores in cash.
Two kilograms of diamond-studded gold ornaments were also recovered.
Raid revealed that 40 companies were registered in the name of hiswife Kusum Lata.
Kusum Lata’s involvement:
• Forty companies were registered on her name.
• Owner of 20 buildings in Nodia and and Ghaziabad,
• All the lands and buildings were purchased at throw away prices.
• 32 out of 319 farmhouses were on Singh’s name while the rest were in the name of family.
• Kusum purchased large chunks of lands in Firozabad.
• She hails from Firozabad.
Case registered under Prevention of Money Laundering Act(PMLA)
The Enforcement Directorate also swung into action and registered a case under PMLA as investigating agencies got evidence that the couple had illegally bough properties overseas.
How he came under scanner:
• An FIR was registered against him in 2012 by Noida Authority engineer R P Singh.
• Was suspended but his suspension revoked in 2014.
• Again suspended in February last by one member judicial commission set by UP government.
• Allahabad High Court directed CBI to investigate the case.
Singh’s Political connections:
Everyone was surprised when the UP government approached Supreme Court against the High Court order but the Supreme Court refused to entertain the plea of the state government as it was trying to shield Singh.
Investigation revealed that Singh had been in close connection with the ruling Samajwadi Party leadership. Eralier, he was close to BSP regime.
Records of a firm owned by Singh’s associate Rejeev Kumar Minocha showed that 9995 shares of his company NM Buildwell, were given to Samajwadi Party’s Firozabad Member of Parliament Akshay Yadav, the son of party general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav, who is also the cousin of party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Minocha is said to be a partner of Singh’s wife Kusum Lata and the SUV from which Rs 10 crore was recovered at Singh’s house, belonged to Minocha.
One of his dairy recovered in the IT raid revealed two revealed suspicious financial dealings with political figures supposedly Bahujan Samaj Party leaders named “Bhai Sahab” and “Pandit ji”.