Akhilesh supporters gherao Mulyam residence and party office
Such situation came after Akhilesh, in an oblique reference to similar slogan shouting in support of Shivpal at his residence on Thursady night, had said that such supporters were never loyal to one and should not be taken seriously
Contrary to the claims by the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, clearly ,all is still not well within the party. After having got over the Friday blues, the party is faced with yet another act of factionalism as the youths of the party rallied around Akhilesh while being opposed to the idea of Mulayam to replace Akhilesh as state party head.
It may be recalled that during the hectic course of events in the last five days, the party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had replaced Akhilesh as the state party chief with Shivpal on Tuesday last. Akhilesh too did not hide his displeasure over the development and expressed his discontent on a public platform.
What the Protestors say:
- Some legislators also join them for a while to prove their loyalty with the CM.
- The young workers say they will protest till Akhilesh is reinstated as state party chief.
- we will not go to elections under Shivpal Yadav.
- The party command should be in youth's hands.
- Party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav should restore Akhilesh as state party chief
- Akhilesh has become synonym with development and youths stand solidly behind him.
Meanwhile, the supporters reached the CM's residence who tried to pacify them and said the decision of the party Supremo should be respected by all. On the other hand, in another show of strength , the supporters of Shivpal also gathered outside his residence raising slogans in his favour.
You may also read: Samajwadi Party’s cycle has punctured, says Rahul Gandhi